PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part Time (weekends/evenings) ME-IR in UK
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 23:47
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, as I recall they only offered full-time courses at the time. Maybe they offer part-time now?
I'm sorry but I don't have the answer to that one. A lot of people have been there and I've heard nothing but good things, it's not within commuting distance for me to attend there so I've not done that much research. (You think the midlands is bad for schools - try South Wales).

Do you know if the entire flight time requirements for the twin rating need to be satisfied before the start of the 50h IR, or can it be wrapped up into the IR in some way to reduce the overall hours?
I'm sure they can do something to help you or cut the costs down a little, best give them a ring/e-mail and get it straight from the horses mouth.

I did the CPL with Ormond Beach.
Being a holder of a CPL I guess everything went to plan for you? £3k for a CPL does look pretty tempting! (Trying to do achieve a fATPL debt free isn't easy but it has given me time to plan/research).

Don't be put off by the DA42 at AFT either, rumor has it if you pass a MEIR in a '42 it's restricted - This is bull. I'll be looking for a school operating a '42 to do my MEIR as I think it'll be an advantage and the glass cockpit experience should come in handy too.