PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A true pilots aeroplane
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 19:22
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Torres, SIUYA,

Wes and Pearl used to live across the road from my parents up at Laurieton some years ago. Small world eh! Sad to hear if he has passed on. Facinating man, incredible life.

Yeah, and funny about some of those twin endorsements. nearly 20 years ago Jim Hazelton was checking me out in one of the ex NSW Air Ambo Queenairs. After about 15 minutes of some general stuff, he shut one down. "it's easier on these donks if we just feather it and restart it on the ground" No probs Jim. One of the owners was riding in the back and he hearly shat himself. " Errr... Excuse me Jim, but Krusty has never landed this thing on 2 engines let alone one!" Jim, who I must say had known me for some years, simply smiled and said, "you're ok aren't you?" Anyway as we were on final, Jim looked around the cabin and remarked, "I thought I recognised this aeroplane. It's the old girl that transported me from Orange to Sydney after I had my near fatal heart attack!"

Now at this stage I was fairly preoccupied with the landing, but a collegue who was also sitting down the back said the owner then turned blue!