PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 19:16
frontlefthamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Very, very, serious and heartfelt post follows:

Yes, certainly no apology here. Just illustrating that if you know what you're doing, the media won't take advantage, if you don't, it's best to keep schtumm, and leave it to those who DO know.

I have utmost sympathy for the situation he was in, but he does set himself up for falls, doesn't he?

Would you jump into the lion's cage at a zoo, and not expect to be mauled? Would you speak to the media, and not expect to be quoted out of context?

No misery there until you want, as he did, to play the 'Woe is me, I was misquoted' card.

I spend considerable time counselling the bereaved, and I don't need lessons from you in peace and goodwill. How many bodies have you seen in the last three years? You could switch off your computer and go and see if the local branch of Samaritans needs volunteers (the answer is almost certainly, 'yes, if you can do the task'), or sit in high and splendid isolation pontificating piously about that of which you have no practical experience... You might even find, to your delight and surprise, that you're very good at something you thought would be enormously difficult...

llanfair, the answer to your direct and valid question is either that the next of kin had been informed but had not passed word to the family (and had not asked the relevant authorities for a delay on publication of the names), or the next of kin had not been informed and the press were having another of their spectacularly 'off' days, in which case (in the UK)there are avenues for complaint; albeit avenues which revolve around the premise that democracy relies upon free press, or some similar scenario.