PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 18:17
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
TSM
I have just read your post re XV246 with "considerable interest" to say the least. I have to say that your opening paragraph is, lamentably, rather misleading.

You say you were at Waddo when the a/c was being packaged...fine..but then refer to the extensive corrosion on the fuselage. I have to say this was not the case sir.

There was evidence of exfoliation at the frame adjacent to the Air Eng's panel...minor...but other than that, the overall condition was excellent. A testimony in fact to the original build.

The reason I know this is that I was a participant in this excercise, well a bit more than a participant actually, and would thus be interested to learn how and when ( given the restrictions we imposed on access to the site ) you were able to make such a detailed assessment please. True, the working hours were 0700 / 1900 Mon-Thurs and 1500 on Friday, and we did allow numerous people to visit, but I am intrigued as to how you determined the "extensive corrosion" you speak of. I can only assume we would have met at some point and possibly you may care to PM me as to when in this case?.

There was some evidence of corrosion elsewhere on the airframe, but this was clearly visible prior to the detailed strip.

And finally, as an aside, my personal thanks to all those whom I met at Waddo and who made the event both interesting and enjoyable. It was a pleasure meeting you all......with one exception that is ! ( not you TSM btw whoever you may be ).