PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would keep you in?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 14:03
AdanaKebab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My previous post may sound sentimental to some, but I stand by it.

Those of you who have put in many years service will have seen the greatest changes and may have found it hard take. It is the ability of any organisation to deal with change effectively that keeps it contemporarily relevant. The efficiencies we now all deal with have hit all areas of modern life, not just the services.

Whilst it is easy to blame the Airships, who are often 'unsung' on pprune, my belief is that in general they have led well and kept the Air Force going through some difficult periods. I was particularly impressed by Loader, whether you agree with him or not, when he took the time to visit every one of his units in person to explain the new structure. I had never seen anyone higher than 1 star at my small unit before.

There are still posts abroad, you still have a 'free' gym, there are still reasonable allowances and we are paid well compared to our European counterparts.

If you have a reasonable problem and your Stn Cdr can't help, call your local 3star ... they are surprisingly receptive.

Otherwise crack on and make the required changes at your stn/unit/level so we can all benefit.

Me ... I'm staying in.