PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 13:13
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness One Echo
..London is let's face it the capital of the world...
I have read this thread with some interest living 'outside London' and thus have my own views, and so fully support Tristar500's views, but to come out with the above quote which most would agree is bck's and worth no further comment. However some of your other reasoning is also flawed as there is no level playing field, it is obvious that LHR will attract a major share of pax simply because of the catchment area it serves both in respect of business location & inhabitants. But there IS a positive discrimination of services in certain respects, to force up LF's at LHR, and this is achieved no better than by price. I have only recently returned from the US and had to transit LHR, a totally horrible experience. I made the choice only as I had to purchase 4 tickets and prices quoted by the airlines for direct flights from the regions were significantly higher making the journey choice from an ecconomic point of view a no brainer. In conclusion there is no choice other than another European hub, and this is precisely what is going to happen in future with even greater pax volumes, providing London airways- BA an even greater excuse to pass over slots to LH. Makes the country happy? (ie everyone south of Watford), well it won't, because eventually they will all dissapear up thier own back sides in the chaos that is on the horizon at LHR.