PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX B-Scale Check and Trainers
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 05:42
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS

The sad reality is that in order to take any action, everyone must act. Unfortunately, approximately 50% of the pilots belong to the AOA and so the others are free to do as they wish. Yet, if anything is achieved, they still reap the same benefits. I think it is unfair to chastise a member who doesn't comply, for whatever reason, and these others go scot free. We've been there, it failed dramatically, so we aren't going there again. Anonymity is a powerful force, but it is amazing how people change when they have to identify themselves.

In order to accomplish anything, the pilot body first has to agree on what it wants in the first place. Watching many of you slag each other makes it obvious that it will probably never happen. The issues of those on basings differ from those still in Hong Kong. New joiners want different things compared to those nearing retirement. It is easy to berate A scale pilots, but let's remember many said you would do our jobs for lesser pay. Now, there are those doing the same thing to you. We all think our issues are the most important and someone should be trying to resolve them. For example, Hong Kong pilots just received 13th month, yet those on bases didn't. Certainly a big issue, but I don't see those in Hong Kong demanding change.

Now, if the GC of the AOA is much like what I have just described, no wonder they are getting nowhere.

The best solution is to just do your job. CX is being choked by the contracts they have imposed. They haven't a clue what to do, but we are helping their position by fighting among ourselves. It will take time to facilitate change, but change is indeed coming.