PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Pax booted off a flight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2008, 01:46
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts
Sometimes I think that it is indeed a pity that drunk/unruly passengers cannot be dealt with in the manner I once saw back in PNG.

I had a pax on board my aircraft who was a bit 'mouthy' when leaving Woitape for Port Morbid but I chose to ignore him. However shortly after take off I glanced at him and noted that he was really starting to mouth off at the other passengers and, when he saw me looking at him, he stated that I should just fly ''his'' aircraft as he was giving the orders!!!

At that, I stood the aircraft on its wingtip and returned to Woitape, doing a straight-in approach. As I shut down, our company agent walked over looking somewhat concerned. I just walked to the rear passenger door, opened it and pointed to the drunk with the words
''This man is drunk. Get him off my aircraft''

What happened next was spectacular and somewhat violent! Seemingly out of nowhere, about four or five somewhat muscular locals descended on the drunk, dragged him out of the aircraft and proceeded to punch and kick the bejaysus out of him!! They then dragged him away from the aircraft by his feet with several other locals joining in laying fists and feet into him.

I never saw him again.