PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Night Flights ?????
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 03:25
Vmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These ******s make me puke. Unfortunately, the world we live in is full of tossers. I learned to fly at Biggin Hill, an airport that is under constant harassment from the local anti-aircraft battery. I ask you, who the hell has ever heard of Biggin Hill in connection with anything other than an airport? Apparently, a lot of tossers with nothing better to do than complain about anything and everything. The same types who move to the country and complain about the noise of cockerels and the smell of cow****. The same types who think that anyone who flies must be loaded and, for that reason alone, should be stopped from enjoying themselves.

I now fly, privately, on days off and weekends, from Headcorn. There are numerous villages we have to avoid on take-off and landing because some twats living there don't like the noise (!) of a Gypsy Major on a sunny afternoon. There are flight safety issues here, but I won't bore you with them on this occasion.

Give me a break! If you don't like our noise (the sound of freedom, as our American brethren would say) then don't move next door to an airport. If you choose to buy a house near an airport, then live with your decision and shut the **** up!