PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2008, 16:51
016FSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly, sitting in an office with a lunch break and regular coffee breaks pushing a pen or doing whatever it is they're trained to do can really be compared to working on board an aircraft and hence salaries should be equal! And you will not find that many people in their 30's and above in any decent office job earning £800 a month, that I can guarantee you, my Sister works for an employment agency in London and I know what salaries office staff with a 'decent' job in a 'decent' company earn!

Furtherore, you don't hear Midland crew, or Britannia, or First Choice or Easy Jet or Monarch or United complaining about their salaries and you know why? Because they are paid decent money and are well looked after. Not as much as BA, but the money is pretty good! Length of service is well rewarded because they recognise the importance of having a mixed age group working for them as well as experience, something Virgin has no interest in at all!

O and by the way, we don't receive any overtime for working NYE or NY day and don't recive any days off in lieu either. Are we the only company in the world who doesn't get paid extra for working bank holidays? And I hasten to add, our office staff DO get paid overtime if they have to work week-end's or bank holidays!

Last edited by 016FSM; 1st Jan 2008 at 17:02.