PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX B-Scale Check and Trainers
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2008, 15:38
Five Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy does it...

Like most things this issue is not so cut and dried.

Yes, if nobody came forward to train it might put some pressure on the company. However if I was in management I would then hire direct entry trainers on the grounds that I cannot fill the position from within. While we battle it out in the courts the problem then goes away.

Another HUGE issue with the training er sorry, checking system, is that it is used as both a discipline and political weapon against the pilot body. Having more reasonable minded AOA members on the training team can only ease that threat, or at the very least bring it into the light of day. Take the current situation with the SOs. Lets get some of the AOA trainers looking into this, however clandestine they need to do it. Here is the perfect issue to highlight why it is important to have AOA members on the training board.

Ask any FO what his biggest concern (other than the lack of a pay rise) in BBS is, and they will tell you ERAS reports, command assessment or if lucky enough to get a course; the command course itself.

So we actually need the training roster full of AOA members so that we can bring some reality in to the training system. It is possible to maintain your morals and be a trainer some have managed it !!!

Peace out
FG