PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground School Cabir Bournemouth v BCFT Bournemouth
Old 1st Jan 2008, 13:37
Lima288

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to hear about the "tie-in" with Cabair and HSBC - I had not realised that it was provider specific. I did the assessment at Cabair and they were pushing their schools, obviously.
When you say 'approved' route and training provider, approved by who?
Obviously anyone studying for a JAA ATPL will be following an "approved" route, as you can't get an ATPL through any other route. Also, all training providers for the JAA ATPL are "approved" by the CAA/JAA - they have to be! So I don't see how HSBC can say your course is OK with Cabair Modular but not with BCFT! Obviously I have no personal experience of this but it seems odd. I will mention this to the admin staff at BCFT and see if they have any feedback, but Cabair and OAT have the same "approved" status as BCFT - they just happen to be bigger and better known, with bigger marketing machines!!!

BCFT have also recently introduced the Jetline programme, which will take an ab-initio student through to fATPL. It's a modular course aligned to the integrated route - single training provider, but with modular flexibility. It appears to be very popular at the moment. I would be very surprised if this did not qualify for funding support.

Wherever you choose, best wishes for success!!
Happy New Year!!