PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mk 2 eyeball
Thread: Mk 2 eyeball
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2001, 23:26
The Bonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Oakeydokey Jiffni mate,

Thats your opinion and fine by me. Personally I have seen something that sets them apart (and before you Fishead types get the wrong idea I don't know anything about your so called rusty or golden rivet or whatever it is?!) As I said, I have seen them operate in Belize and also in Bosnia. Come on mate, it doesn't take the brains of an archbishop to work out that everyone reckons there the best at that kind of ****e, otherwise the RN wouldn't have been in Bos for so long. Why because, the Army hierarchy knew that if really it wanted a rotary operator to tip up and do the biz if you were in a tight spot then the navy would do it.

Jesus they had their scares if the bar talk is anything to go by (inadvertent IMC with radalt audio going with icing at max power....s0d that!)....but they gave it a go. What probably is the clincher is that when they do screw up (taking the increased risk to get the job done or just by being blunt) their bosses stand by them it appears. No witch hunts and heads bowed in shame as we seem to have if an accident happens.

Believe it or not we do agree Jiffni, I would like the opportunity to be able to do the things that the RN can and be respected in the same way that they obviously are (9 years in Bos which is essentially a land locked theatre(not too many boats for them to land on)....they were obviously flicking someones switch or keeping the local bar profits up)

So why can't I practice for war....you know...train hard, fight easy kind of ethos? That all it is mate, as I said best practice and lets up the training bill for that best practice if it means if we can produce the goods more efficiently.

Fair dinkum or am I off at a tangent on this one? Oooh is that time..taxi for one..