PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots flying for US Carriers
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 20:09
Young Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input Airplane Crazy. The thing is, there is so much more opportunity when it comes to the number of airlines here in the US, as compared to the Caribbean. The industry is in a state of confusion right now down there. Either way I will have to spend quite a bit of money. If I return to the region, I will have to convert my FAA license to the local license (costs quite a bit). If I stay up here, I will have to invest in acquiring that green card (also costs quite a bit). I am a strong believer in the fact that what's there for you can't ever be taken away. Afterall, hope is all we have in this profession right? Hope that we made the right decision in choosing this career in the first place. Hope that we will find that stable job doing what we love the most. Hope that we will wake up tomorrow, and still have a seat in the cockpit. I'm still depending on my passion for flying to feed my confidence in making a successful career in this field. Any other opinions/advice would greatly be appreciated. Once again, thanks...