PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 18:18
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There will always be speculation amongst other pilots following aviation accidents, it's only natural. This is not due to some ghoulish behaviour, but borne out of a curiosity from others involved in the same activity.
Now, to speculate that the pilot was drunk or totally incompetant would be wrong, but I personally think through things that might have happened, and how I might best avoid such situations. I also read the monthly AAIB reports, again, not out of some morbid curiosity, but to try to learn from others sad mistakes.
I'm afraid, speculation of this type will always occur, though whether it should be aired on these forums is perhaps open to question.
FWIW, it happens (even more so) amongst the professionals over on Rumour and News, and there are always some that protest there too.
I also contribute to a boating forum, and when accidents happen, guess what, the same speculation occurs. That particular forum is likened to a sailing club bar, where such matters can be discussed openly without recriminations.