PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2008 salary scales
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 14:30
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS

I'm not disagreeing with you at all about contract negotiations and who should be involved. I'm just saying that the AOA's/pilot body's negotiation power could be boosted with a hefty swell of public opinion backing us. I'll admit I can't quantify by how much it would help, but certainly it can't hurt. I'm sure most people would agree that the company places a lot of importance on how it is perceived in the public spotlight. They've certainly played the 'socially responsible and moral despite being a corporate titan' card enough times when they've needed to.

I'll also admit that I don't see the AOA doing much else towards countering the company's actions. DEFO, DEC, COS 08, Unified C payscale already in effect, with 3 man ULH and Age 65 to come. So far all I've read about recently from our boxing ring corner is a letter to the company stating our belief of what the the dissolution of the FACA really means and the possibility of court action if we don't like what we hear from the company. Sounds remarkably like...

"Kim Jong Il: Hans, Hans, Hans! We've been frew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction, OK Hans?
Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
Kim Jong Il: Or else what?
Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are. "