PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Night Flights ?????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2001, 18:16
TravelManUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that this is silly, and wonder whether the UK Government will implement the recommendation. If 8 people are so upset over the noise...they should move! Or should we play into their hands, and ban all cars, lorries, tubes, trains, buses and motorcycles between the same times, so these eight people can get their bed rest.

I live in Central London, and hear the flights (like this a.m.'s BOS-LHR BA Flight, arriving at 05:05)...but that is part of living in a city...just like taxis whizzing down the road at 02:20 a.m., or milk floats at 5:45 a.m. with bottles rattling.

Flew back into LGW on Sunday, and we had to circle for 40 minutes above Sussex because we were not permitted to land before 6:00 a.m. Imagine the added pollution (both emission and noise wise) that created over Britain (there were 9 flights circling), just so a few cry-babies could sleep? It yielded queues at immigration 40 minutes long (a lovely welcome to Britain for tourists in an environment where tourism yield is already poor this year). So, when the 8 people wake up from their slumber, and wonder why they have no jobs becuase the economy is in a mess, perhaps they should re-think their opposition to night flying and buy a pair of ear plugs!!

LGW & LHR should be open 24 hrs!!!!! That will get my vote....and we should have T5 (and T6 while we're at it) plus extra runways for LHR & LGW and STN...and if you don't like it...move to Siberia where it is nice and quiet!!!!!!