PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar roadshow in Jan `08?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2007, 13:27
Go Right Ahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Onya Wayne Krr

I think Wayne understands my point precisely. I have nothing against people wanting to immigrate to Oz, God knows my ancestors were immigrants too but having been here 3 generations now, I can see why people want to come here. Its possibly one of the best countries to live in and bring up a family. Sure it has its negative points, but which country doesnt. My only gripe is when people dont respect the country and its law of the land. There is nothing worst than sitting in a pub and hearing immigrants(no disrepect intended) who have made Oz home, complain and bitch about the place. And of course the old, back in such and such this wouldnt happen. I hate to say this but in my experience it seems the Yarpies are the worst at it, sorry but mates of mine have all noticed a similar trend..obviously where there is smoke there is fire... I saw a tshirt a while back and it read " Australia Love it or OFF"....

But more on this topic, it has been an unwritten rule that the Oz pilot fraternity are trying to improve their conditions which in turn will benefit those coming to work here, and therefore most of us have taken a stand to boycott these low paying and crappy conditions Airlines until they pull their fingers out and start offering us what we believe we are worth. Just have a look at what is been offered to work in the mines to people with no qualifications and i mean not even finishing high school. Think its time for Jet* and the likes to have a look at what the global airline industry is offering to keep guys.

I guess you can all understand why it is frustrating for those waiting back and trying to improve conditions, then to find people jumping at the opportunity to do the job for half the price. You Saffers are caught between a rock and a hard place, as most of you who want to come to Oz because of the Visa but then again you need to step on some toes due to the situation the airlines have put you into.