PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now this isn't a time for soundbites, but...
Old 17th Sep 2001, 18:28
The Mistress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

If he were consistent he would offer bin Laden a seat in the House of Commons who could then keep Martin McGuinness company. I'm sure they would get on like a building on fire.

This wasn't meant to be funny. I have lost track of the number of times I have shed tears since last Tuesday. The last time I felt like this (total, numbing shock) was as a young school kid watching news of the Aberfan disaster break on TV. I grew up in a coalmining community and knew that I could so easily have suffered a similar fate. Aberfan was an accident. What happened last Tuesday was cold, calculated murder, a long time in the planning. Something we have seen on mainland Britain time and again.

It is the sheer scale and number of dead that all of us are having trouble coming to terms with. No matter what their nationalities, the dead and injured were ordinary people going about their ordinary lives.

Yes, we have to take appropriate action. I hope the response is as cool and calculated as the crime.

I don't feel either Blair or Bush are up to what may be facing us over the next few very precarious weeks.

All of my daughters friends are RAF 'brats'. Their Dads are all "away" at the moment. I would very much like them all to come back and soon.