PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2007, 20:15
chris121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As much as I like LBA I have to agree things are a joke at the moment, terminal wise, it clearly cannot effectively handle the amount of PAX using it.

Before I left my job up there towards end of summer, the rumours were the building work was starting in October, then just before I left I heard it had been delayed 3 months? I had heard the plans were to extend the current terminal across the short stay car parks etc.

Does anyone know when work is now due to start, or why it was delayed? Are they re considering an extension, or have they reliased themselves it would be better to knock down the existing terminal and start a fresh (unlikely but we can wish...)?

I thought Bridgepoint said soon after they took over they wanted to announce new routes etc? Maybe I am wrong, but no sign of any decent route expansion for months, apart from Jet2 of course. The Ryanair Shannon route started, have Flybe dropped a few, BMI dont seem to have as many routes these days. Thomas Cook annouced they are doing charters next summer, Thomsonfly have only 4 routes (will they even bother operating them or just move people to DSA?), Shaheen air flights aparently on sale but not confirmed by airport (will be a laugh to see that checking in down at hall A).

Also how long has Hall B got left? The tent is only a temp building, dont they have to pull it down at some point?

Not much going on, guess everyone is just waiting on any definitive annoucements on what the plan actually is.....?

Cheers,