PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots flying for US Carriers
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2007, 18:39
Airplane Crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good or bad? No need to ask cause that's the only option you have. Hate to tell you this though your luck is almost non existant. It will take you years to get a greencard. The question do you wanna invest so much in an industry where there is no gurantee for jobs and no money. I don't care for money, but now that I gotta support myself I realize it's easy to say I love flying more than money, but when time comes to pay bills all the fun is gone. I can't go home cause back home I can't fly. If you are from somewhere where you can get a good flying job than run home. Aviation now in US is completely screwed up. People here in aviation now expect you to work for free and put with crap while there is no gurantee that tomorrow you will have a job. Now not trying to discourage you, but unless you get a good deal make sure you don't invest too much in getting a green card cause I know people who spend many years and many dollars and at the end just had to pack up and go home as broke as it gets.