PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2007, 16:29
mightymouse111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I ask everyone, what the hell is going on at LBA?
If Leeds is to be taken seriously as a major city, it needs a major airport. It is not this nor will it be after the implentation of the masterplan (do we really have to wait till 2016 for improvements.)
I am sick of watching other airports develop and get some really good international flights and have to travel to either MAN/LHR/AMS for these flights.
The RW and conditions mean that its not feasible to run larger aircraft on a regular basis from the airport. Why not fill in the large hole, re-tarmac and extend NOW. We all know that the 757/767 will float half way down the RW on automated landings.
Bigger better RW=Bigger better aircraft=New international flights=Increased revenue for the airport
The wind problem - puts hairs on your chest everytime you come into LBA!
The terminal building is now painful. It used to be great before the pax numbers increased but now it is a joke. (security, few seats, the bar, cafe etc, all embarrasingly inept). It needs to be substantially bigger & better.
The route network, or lack of it, most people get lost on their first visit.
As a local person I really want the owners of Leeds to grab this airport by the scruff and invest now, especially after years of nothing! Or are we yet to remain as a joke and watch others continue to overtake us and develop. The masterplan is too little too later!