PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2007, 03:29
smartalec888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. At my recruitment day we were ONLY told about the previous "Jetstar" working conditions, "Team Jetstar" was NOT mentioned at all. No communication was made from Jetstar or anyone from The Qantas Group of entities of the change in advertised working conditions.

2. As for someone saying that that working contract is obselete is a joke. That contract was sent to my address from Melbourne on 24/12. I'm sorry but if you negotiate your working conditions that's something that only affects YOUR working conditions, not everyone else.

As for those of you who say "we are having so much fun is ground school and look foward to flying" that's simply because you don't know any better.

The last JQi groundschool that went through was for CNS base, and it was the worst they have ever had (over JQdom and int) straight from the Base Managers mouth. Low pass rates, inexperienced recruits, people consistantly turning up late and cabin managers in training that have failed simple cabin prep tests and most important EP's!!

Rumour has it that two girls from their GS04 that as soon as they received their uniform they went out shopping in it, now when JQi staff receive their uniforms it is UNHEMMED. The base manager found out and appropriate punnishments were handed out. To me that says young and immature recruits who have no idea what their in for and are still in the mentality that "flying is glamourous".
There is alot of speculation that CNS int base will be closed and the current crew sent off to PER/DRW/SYD/MEL bases.

I'm happy where I am now at Mainline and know that my working conditions could never get as bad as those.