PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would keep you in?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 22:03
The Dodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Magners. We are all now in a sinking ship with little prospect of rescue. If the RAF was sincire in trying to keep people in. I think we would have seen changes start to happen. I am also in ground trades and I cannot beleive how short sighted the MOD are in thier attitude to manning and welfare issues. We are in trouble, there is no point trying to agrue with this, people are leaving faster than ever before as there is no incentive for them to stay. I have decided in the last month to get out I can't stand seeing the Airforce being constantly ground down and down. I constantly see the 'can do' attitude to getting jobs done, being abused more and more. This can't go on, it's wrong. I dearly still love my job, unfortunatly I can no longer do it in the Airforce. If I was to be persuaded to stay in, it would only happen if the Airforce and the other services were given a massive budget boost, in which the money would be spent by the people who understood where it was to go. Not some flashy painting to drape in some civil serpent's office in Whitehall.