PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 29th Dec 2007, 17:25
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Terry for that Technical Training note, and as you said, 175 bars is about 2500 psi.
Also, from your document, I've been very interested in these other notes:

"The PRK BRK SEL VLV is operated by two (electrical) motors ..."

"It also sends an electrical signal to the BSCU and EBCU in order to inhibit other braking modes. This signal is disabled within the BSCU if blue system pressure, monitored by the pressure transducer, falls below 1450 psi."

I won't comment on these now ... but keep them on the side.

Originally Posted by Wizard
Heard from a senior insider at Toulouse
"they did everything wrong, ran all 4engines at 80% max power for engine run up instead of one at a time, overloaded parking brakes, pointed the aircraft at a building instead of towards open areas, after it got away on the brakes it was allowed to run and accelerate uncorrected for 13 seconds, finally engines throttles were closed and power reduced 2 seconds prior to impact, by then it was too late - aircraft total write off police investigation continues as is standard procedure in France".

Obviously, there is something very "strange" with these 13 seconds !?

How that senior insider from Toulouse manage to squeeze 13 sec for that airplane to travel at the very most its own length knowing than 2 sec before impact the boat had already reached its cruising speed of 15 meters per second ?

Then how that senior insider from Toulouse explains the boat did not follow the crew order to turn away from the wall ? (BTW he even does not mention that ...)

And how that senior insider from Toulouse explains the absence of braking marks if "it got away on the brakes" ?

That late inconvenient picture publication is very tough on BEA credibility ... just one more time !

Thanks to forget for letting me know how to do the trick with the image.