PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Boys ripped off by the MoD
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 14:40
reallydeskbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets get this to the top and its worth considering as a 'sticky' for a few weeks to attract weight of numbers to this well worthy petition.
Its time the parsimonious bean counters at the MOD - there is not one who wears a uniform by the way - were read the riot act by not only our own senior commanders but by politicians of all hues.
As a commander I regularly 'choked' with anger at my inability to wave any charge inflicted on charities - whether Service or civilian - using my base to hold a function. Some mealy-mouthed civ-sec at headquarters would insist on either the the charity or myself meeting the costs of their so called 'administration' and overheads.
I have an answer to the so-called MOD spokesperson quoted above - charge those who can afford it extra if they want to hold events on MOD property and leave Service Charities alone - there is such a thing as solidarity of purpose and we in the Services, and our charities, are united in supporting those of our own who need help. I dare say spokesperson you don't wear a uniform - but I bet you read these forums regularly - if you have the 'balls' speak out and tell your masters that we are fed up with the uniformed being blamed for civil servants dictates.
to couple it all a colleague who for years has organised charitable events tells me that his application for a BBMF overflight has elicited the response for a £20 application fee to cover admin charges with no guarantee that he will be lucky - and with no refund if unsuccessful!
Rant off - petition signed