PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar Arbitration III(a)
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 12:58
v1andgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear EjetCa:
I support your notion to debate and discuss the issue like adults 100%.
Indeed the long-term ramification of our action today are critical for our future. Hence, the Union leadership from both sides needs to engage into meaningful dialog with each other and not against each other.
Unifying, the groups is not a matter of one seniority but rather a lengthy process after the single CAB is in place and may take years. But the process will never start unless we have one seniority list and one CBA. Otherwise operating two independent pilot groups with two CBAs under one umbrella organization will make contract negotiations for either party more difficult.
Isn't it true that after the Atlas/Polar transaction, either side accuses the other of undermining their respective CBA negotiations. Atlas in 00/01 and Polar in 05.
Followed by aircraft transfer and furloughs, in both directions. EjetCa correct me, this will not happen at RAH or Mesa under their one seniority and one CBA.

On the other hand, I do not believe you will operate a Polar flight and tomorrow fly an Atlas airplane nor will we ever have these groups sing together cumbyja. But the childishness needs to stop and we need to look forward. Matter of fact, you never have a 100% unified love all pilot group.
For 2008, I can only hope we can engage into a meaningful exchange of ideas on this board. Let's discuss concerns, possibilities, real opportunities and real threads ( no imaginary ).