PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to Nigerian License
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 12:58
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metro man,

Notwithstanding my recent post about the Chairman of the EFCC being moved, I have to say that I agree with those posters who think you're talking out of your rear end . There's no denying that corruption is endemic here, but the government, until this weekend, has been making some progress in trying to eradicate it. This has resulted in some verifiable progress as, according to Transparency International, Nigeria has improved to being 7th most corrupt country in the world. This may not seem much to the likes of you, but for a country which has been in the top 3 for many, many years, it is proof that things in Nigeria are slowly getting better.

The NCAA has made great strides forward in recent years and has passed a number of ICAO and FAA audits in the last 3 years. You may be able to Google 'Nigeria+corruption', but show us one hit from that specifically naming the NCAA. I see that your profile lists you living in South East Asia and from posts you have previously made, it seems you may be in Singapore. Interestingly I Googled up 'Singapore+corruption' and one of the hits talks of the corrupt links between big business and the Singapore People's Action Party. Is one to infer from this that if I pay big $$$ I can get a Singaporean licence? Of course not.

BTW you can't just take a foreign licence and verification letter in to the NCAA once you've passed your Air Law. The NCAA normally requires a fax from the authority issuing the licence to certify that it is genuine and valid. This was in response to corrupt expatriates trying to get Nigerian validations on the basis of licences which were either fake or invalid.

I have lived in Nigeria for a great deal of my working life and have never yet paid a single bribe to 'customs/immigration/police/government department'. Yes, I've been asked for one, but I normally find that a humorous refusal gets a humorous retort with no further demands.

I suggest that if you have any real proof you put your $20 million where your mouth is and present it. If not, an apology would be in order