PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 09:44
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sad that it has got to this situation, how the management never seen it coming beggars belief
That's an easy one. Virgin management didn't see it coming because at every step, the union gave the impression they had agreement. How the union went into negotiations without first understand what the whole of the membership would accept beggars belief; and even more so that they are pushing the company into industrial action and *still* don't know what the majority of the crew will accept. It would be laughable if it weren't for the fact this is going to cost a lot of people their livelihoods.

Home today to be greeted with a letter from Richard Branson himself, in which he states....

"For some of you more pay than Virgin Atlantic can afford may be critical to your lifestyle and if that is the case you should consider working elsewhere"
i.e. if you thought we would pay you enough to make a career in the airline you are sorely wrong, we dont want old duffers we want school leavers with no backbone who still live at home and have no bills to pay.

Well, that letter has really pi$$ed me - way to go Dick !
Interesting how you can turn that one line into such fantasy. SRB has said, as clearly as he can, that any further offer is unaffordable to the company. (calculations I believe, because the available data supports it). Vocabulary like 'old duffers' old 'no backbone' are simply inflammatory phrases you have introduced to incite emotion. I lose ever-more sympathy with the cabin crew whinging. Maybe it is about time you shipped out. BA deserve you.