PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2007, 09:24
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to be careful here as last time I spoke about the Middle East on an Australian Thread I was banned. So be careful guys.

All I want to say Well Concerned is that I have been here in the pit for over 5 years and things have changed a great deal. Whereas it used to be a real chore to live here, now you can get everything you can get at home, and you can live a life which is different but in many ways the same as what you would live at home.

As Duck said the roster here is the best one I have ever worked, and if you want to you can do some overtime at 2,000 dirhams a pop (700 Aussie dollars tax free, off course minus the $50 Mixed grill you buy for the boys at work (Thanks Duck ))

Have taken the kids and parents etc all into the ops room and they all took photos, sat at the console etc. Been here over 5 years and yet to see anyone deported at or away from work.

Glad I left ASA five years ago. Am working my backside off in the hope that if I ever go back I don't have to go back as a floor controller. The way they are being treated is an absolute disgrace and hopefully one day, there will be a whole lot of incompetent pen pushers, who became managers purely to get away from traffic since they couldn't separate their butt cheeks, all line up at the dole office hoping to get a management job at the local Safeway.

Good luck guys, you all deserve better.