PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long SSRI traces are traceable on Medical Exams?
Old 29th Dec 2007, 01:28
xjerj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSRIs Aviation Management

Hi,

I'm currently studying aviation management in college and I have some questions regarding SSRIs as they relate to the management side of the industry. I took celexa for about a year and a half at the recommendation of a psychologist for some non-clinical anxiety issues (basically needed something to take the edge off of a worrying habit). I decided to go off it earlier this fall because of the possibility of pursuing a private license. I've found since I went off it that I've kind of been feeling down and having trouble feeling engaged in my life, and I'm considering going back on it.

At any rate, I'm wondering what kind of effect taking celexa or having any kind of depression/anxiety would have on gaining employment in the management side of the aviation industry. I've kind of been considering going into dispatch...and that job I'm especially concerned about the possibility that I would not be able to get a job.

Thanks for your help.

-xjerj