PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Gf Is Sinking
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2007, 15:46
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gulf air needs a ceo like al baker who can turnaround the whole structure into a discplined organisation,like he brought qatar airways to wher it is today.inspite the controversies about his leadership it is but obvious that he is a man with vision to bring up an airline to wher it stands today
You may well be right. The solution may well be having a benevolent Bahrani with a little-Hitler complex, with a sharp eye for quality and standards who enjoys the support of the Ruling Family and is willing to whip into shape or ship-out any resisters or non-compliers regardless of nationality, affiliations, etc.

Of course, if that happens, it will probably largely destroy the overall enjoyable work environment that has been Gulf Air's hallmark, making me question whether it is worth staying at (I don't think I want to work at a Qatar Airways or its clone).

Tough situation. But in the meantime, I would be pleased to have something else that we haven't had for over a year at Gulf Air, namely strong, visible, long-term (not just for 2 or 3 months) leadership.