PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2007, 11:56
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post No Bother

RD,

Bristow and CHC both offer 8/4 or 6/6 (weeks) and Bristow also offer 4/4 if you fly from Escravos.

With either company you can fly up to the age of 65 in accordance with the NCAA limits. However, I believe Exxon Mobil will not accept any new pilots over the age of 60 (not sure if they have a case pending against them in the USA because of this?).

Depends what your definition of 'decent' internet is. All the bases of both companies have internet availability, some only at work, some only at the camp, some at both. In my opinion there's no such thing as a decent internet connection in Nigeria. Speed is hugely variable and the connection is frequently lost. Don't expect to be able to download movies. You can sometimes use Skype and emails are not normally a problem.

If you have an FAA ATP and Bell 412 time you shouldn't have any problem if you apply to Bristow (I think they have 11 or 12 out here).

There are now 2 airlines on which you can fly direct from Lagos to the USA and in 2008 there will be another 3. At present North American Airlines operates direct Lagos - New York and Delta has just started daily flights Lagos - Atlanta.

If you're an American you won't be bothered by the state of the US$ which is what Bristow will pay you.

PM me if you want to find out more.