PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's really going on here?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2007, 11:43
Right-Hand-Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hold the phone

Ive wanted to be a pilot for a few years now, however i still have to finish college so whatever i end up doing is still a couple years away. This post has deffinately helped me open my eyes, for the better. In recent times i began to face the fact that the being a pilot may not be half as good or job satisfiying as i thought.

For a start i'd have to leave home for a few a couple of years to train, leaving behind my friends, family and all sorts of unfinished business in my life. Not to mention even if i did get a flying job, after who knows how long, i'd still have to pay 100,000k plus back to my parents (who are willing to loan me it). And all for what, a monitoring job? hmmm.....

I still have some years left to decide so i'll keep my eyes open for any changes in the future. The military (not the irish one anyway) will soon be making their fighters pilotless, i shudder to think civil aircraft arent so far behind.

Working in a bank doesn't seem so bad anymore, my dad did it and he's doing very well. Good pay, holidays, social scene etc..... why not?

rhm