PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingair question
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2007, 02:00
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kingair question

What is the best way to operate the E90 pressurization system for a flight at 15,000 feet? Do I need to set the altitude at that figure or can I set it higher, or lower? Do I need to move the rate selector at all? On descent can I leave the altitude at 15,000 and accept the loss of cabin pressure as the airplane descends, or should I set some altitude above the field or below the field altitude? I am looking for a simple way to teach it and to avoid unnecessary differential pressures. For example if I set 20,000 and leave it, the cabin alt goes up to less than max, and comes down again nicely with no negative pressure or pressure spikes, is there some aspect I am missing? .(such as pressure locks on doors, high cabin rates of descent etc). Another way would be to set, say, 1000 feet cruise alt, let the diff go to max and hold there. Does the airframe have any problem with fatigue caused by using high diff pressures?
I have seen several ways that people have operated the system, and there is nothing in the flight manual to cover this subject.