PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on flying to Temora for their Flying Days
Old 27th Dec 2007, 23:15
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was over in Temora a couple of months ago (drove over)... as others have said accommodation needs to be booked well in advance. Having said that though, I arrived without reservations and did manage to find very basic digs at an old hotel on the main street at a very reasonable price. Can't remember the name of it though... it's around about the middle of the main drag and as I mentioned, don't expect anything salubrious.

I had my hand-held with me before and during the displays, and can confirm there is indeed a museum operator on the CTAF freq providing traffic and local conditions.

The operator also provides a ground freq to arrivals to assist with parking. Almost all of the aircraft I saw arriving that day simply didn't acknowledge the ground freq call from the operator, and then failed to change to ground when necessary. It frustrated the hell out of me as an observer, so can only imagine the frustration felt by that CTAF operator trying to sort taxiing GA arrivals from taxiing display aircraft. Strikes me that it would be only a courtesy to do as requested, change to ground clear of the runways and be provided the information and directions you need to safely reach the refuelling/parking areas without creating additional difficulties for other airport operators.