PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 737 Declairs fuel PAN (2/10, Spelling.... see me.)
Old 27th Dec 2007, 22:21
Donnie Brascoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did someone just shout "Grow up children" well if they didnt they should have .. this is the type of thread that journos love... for goodenss sakes.. if you havent flown out of LBA then you have no idea of the variable feast that awaits you. Cat 3 on a June day or windshear on the calmest looking TAF.. yes been there and done it. However they diverted.. they decided diversion minima was below they went to NCL, my only gripe why a 6 mile final? They did a good job.. they had a priority landing it was non standard at the second diversion. Landed with 2 tonnes .. could have almost gone back to LBA with that...

what is the problem with you people.

maybe its about time licence numbers were published with posts, we could then see who are thegenuine people who post and who are the people who sit on the end of the runway with an ear piece in their ear.

Do people sit on the end of the runway watching the 400th 737 take off that day for a reason ????? waiting for the inevitable ???

there used to be a journalist on Radio 4 many moons ago who described the people who slowed down to watch an accident on the motorway as "Ghouls!" .. why is that seeming appropriate

they planned
they diverted
they didnt land below wx minima ( no matter how tempting )
they had enough fuel ( obviously not a min fuel day well done )
they went to a second airport and landed successfully
end of day

they were diverting to second airport .. and declared a pan .. its was a non standard day a pan should not be criticised when caution has been exercised ... surely thats what paid for .. to ensure the immediatesafety of the pax the crew etc etc etc

how many carriers recommend min fuel nowdays ??????????????????????

Given the number of people who post on this site with not a PPl,CPL.ATPL etc to their name i am now seeking a site that i can criticse my GP on for his/her pure medical negligence given i have no medical knowledge. But hey this t'internet thing is a free for all ...................

sad thing is some people may read this and then write an article on it ...