PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 19:07
fruitbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
016FSM
I suggest you re-read my post. I'm BA Flight Crew and am genuinely amazed at the money our cabin crew are paid for just being late. I, for the record, get absolutely zero extra for that trip. Some of my good friends work for Virgin as cabin crew, hence my interest. I have always admired their work ethic and loyalty to the Virgin ethos. It only makes my view of my BA CC collleagues dimmer, they are very well paid and yet still complain as if they have a bum deal.
I have no doubt you deserve a better deal, but the splits in your community do not bode well. Strikes are nasty, harrowing experiences. You may have a manager on the phone telling you to come to work or face the sack and court. Only if you have a strong Union and a united workforce can you sustain that pressure, otherwise it will crumple.
And, one last thing. The reason our cabin crew got stuffed last year was that Willie Walsh was able to show the Union leader that 700 CC had already phoned in sick rather than face going on strike. It proved they had no stomach for a fight and BASSA will never be the same again.
Good luck all, you deserve way better

Last edited by fruitbat; 28th Dec 2007 at 06:04.