PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gutersloh, Mid 70s
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 15:52
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Whilst I was never based at Gut, I served there by default as it where ( approx 21 months of the standard singly 30months tour c/o 431MU ) and very enjoyable and profitable it was too.

My thanks to all those who used the 431 "King Edward" distribution service for ehancing my salary at the time....the Canberra guys from the UK being amongst the most regular and well organised customers as I recall

92 didn't have much luck with u/c legs did they......spent about 10months repairing "P" after the left leg sheared on landing, (the aileron went for a can of worms due to an "oops!" moment as well ) ....reason for the accident as I understand it was a spurious fire warning shortly after T/O and a rapid return to Gut after which the leg duly sheared.

Our boss at the time once asked....he was serious as well....as to why he had left Bruggen after us and arrived at Gut before us....not being a regular commuter he was blissfully unware of his troops contribution to the local economy at Recklinghausen restplaz...