PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 14:38
interpreter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fruitbat..

I speak from many years of business experience. What do you truly hope to achieve? Get the company over a barrel? To what end? If the company decides at a board meeting to make improvements that will cost them money they will also have to consider how to make savings. What do you think will come to them first in the "ideas box" as an immediate economy? Staffing levels of course. How can we reduce our operating costs?
I would say to any employee in any company if you feel that an essential section of the staff are underpaid against market comparisons then first of all determine why. If there are plenty of substitutes available - and as I understand it there are - then start looking around: look around from within your job and dont do anything silly such as resigning.
Very, very few people get what they expect out of a strike - some will, to be sure but others will have to pay the price. Tell your Union leaders to get back to the negotiating table with concrete affordable suggestions that the Company might accept. At least it keeps the pot boiling and the Company on their toes. Good luck