PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's really going on here?
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 09:30
lowbypass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Colourfax

"Where did our highly-paid specialized skills go when airbus introduced envelope protection?"- We can still fly the aircraft manually in raw data possibilities with engine out emergencies.

"How can my collegues possibly earn more than the prime minister for dropping out of high-school at 19?"- Because with the Prime Minister on board, there is a possibility he could RTO, he could (just before) V1 cut, rotate with an Engine fire, Evacuate, Emergency descent all these perfomed to profficiency.

"How does the 26 year old skipper of a 737 qualify as a professional when all he's done for the past 7 years is drink beer and watch HBO"- In these 7 yrs he must had done not less than 14 recurrents, some renewals number of and some number of refreshers, demonstrated to profficiency.

"Is there exceptional decision-making or judgement beyond the SOP's?"- Proffesionalism.

"What seperates the few bastions of professionalism from those faking it?"- Initial ratings, renewals, and recurrents. I know a quiet a number who could not make it...in the sim.

"It's a lazy job"- Yes, although it could sometimes get scaring or interesting.

"You can't pull a guy off the street to do this?"- NO, aptitude?

"All we got left is a great nasal PA voice"- Really?

"And of course the option of selecting HDG to fly around the red stuff on the WX radar of course...."- I would not fly through a CB...

"The old guys will oppose me, the mid-life guys ignore me, and the young guys will regrettably agree."- I am mid-age and I did not ignore you.

"It's over. My kid will be a dentist."- suppose he/she does not want to be one.