PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interogation at Auckland Airport
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 07:51
koru_kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I copped it recently. Relatively painless, although I did find some questions about the party scene in LA etc rather bizarre, but I guess they're trained in their job, and I'm not so I won't judge them. Was treated politely and with respect.

A memo out to us laid out the facts, and here's some snippets:

NZ Customs outlined their belief that it was necessary to profile aircrew after receiving information relating to the carriage of narcotics, and the importation of duty free items in excess of the allowable limits by crew (all airlines). It was stated that aircrew had not been targeted in such a way for at least ten years and it was believed that a degree of non-compliance had set in.

NZ Customs acknowledge that there should have been early liaison with Group Security to resolve likely operational and unnecessary personal impact on staff, albeit on the day the operation commenced.
It was inappropriate for MAF officers to direct aircrew to a Customs manned post for closer examination, and that procedure has since been changed.

Group Security expressed its disapproval of female staff members being spoken to in a room by one Customs Officer. Although they admit that such an approach is undesirable, said that there is often insufficient staff available to allow the attendance of a second Officer. They had no immediate solution to this issue.