PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - official : Swissair filed for bankruptcy. Sabena next
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 11:45
Mishandled

Delay? What delay?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

As an employee who is directly affected by the whole mess that SR finds itself in, I can express my feelings in this order 1. Sadness, 2. Anger, 3. Anger, 4. Anger 5. Anger ad nauseam. Sadness for all the good people who are about to lose their livelihoods, and the stranded passengers holding worthless coupons. The anger is directed at the mismanagement of the whole group starting with the ludicrous policy of buying a hotch-potch of airlines in order to create an alliance. The whole concept of alliances is to combine strengths, the Qualiflyer alliance combined the strength of Swissair with the weaknesses of other airlines, whilst creating a whole mound of debt. (Austrian excluded, but they left). Why didnt SR bite the bullet and try to join a major alliance? (water under the bridge I know). Sabena!!!!??? I won't even go there. The board of Swissair Group, self enriching fatcats. The Swiss government could and should have done alot more both in terms of subsidy (I know, I know its a private entreprise that should survive or fall on its own), and in terms of pressure on the gnomes of Zurich, who seem prepared to allow a recession in Switzerland. The multiplier effect of SR going down is going to be immense, but I guess that wont be of concern to the *ankers, as they will still get their bonus. Anyway, to all my colleagues and those adversely affected by this situation, good luck, and to those that caused it, I hope you get what you deserve (which of course you wont baecause theres no justice.)

Edited cos I cant type

[ 03 October 2001: Message edited by: Mishandled ]