PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Challenger Crash Almaty
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2007, 04:42
FEHERTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl&== Crash In Almaty

Hi all, partly living in Almaty and being in the de-icing/anti-icing business for a long time, I am reading all your comments very carefully and also the weather report. Some things are not really fitting:

1. SN in the weather report means "moderate snowfall". If it would be "heavy snow" (SN+), the aeroplane would be not certified for take-off in anyway.

2. The aeroplane received no de-icing/anti-icing treatment. What had been the reason not to treat the aeroplane ? I am training a lot of ground crew & pilots and unfortunately I must say that companies operating business jets or private persons flying them, very often do not spend a single USD in the information and training of their flight crews.

3. I am attending all the international conferences and being member in SAE and so on. Never see business jet operators at such happenings.

4. ALA is in winter not worse than other airports. Basically it would a have a long runwy to gain extra speed. The de-icing/anti-icing service had been audited very short ago and found compatible with EASA, AEA and FAA requirements.

5. The accident seems to be a copy of the one in Moscow-Vnukovo on Feb. 11th this year. Aircraft type, weather and so on are very close to each other. Difference: aeroplane in Moscow had been treated, but the whoel de-icing/anti-icing process is not in good shape at this airport.

Hope that all survivors will recover soon and feel sorry for the family of the killed one.