PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skybird
Thread: Skybird
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2007, 20:01
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.................ahhh tnxs guys, Out of all the misery one can read amongst these pages it's nice to see some made it to where they wanted. I thought I was the only one left out of that mad lot from there ! Good to see that the 'products' of SKYBIRD where successful. Remember the line of planes out the end of the EN terminal all shinny ? VH PIX, VH SOX VH BMN etc.('cause we washed them !) & those fake rubber plants in the offfice, they (SKYBIRD) where probably the dearest operator on the airport at the time but they did have the best indoor plants as well as the most planes And that Cessna Pilot Training course, on the so called computer !................CPC I think it was called, even have the red bag that you bought yr learning stuff in !, now where getting all teary here
Trying to recall that incident where one of SKYBIRDS instructors went to the states to ferry back a C172RG I think it was & never got the plane back to OZ. Ditched & was picked up by a fishing boat, I believe his wife said...............do that again & where finished !.............lucky guy, had an 'out' even in those early days !..................anyway seems like a zillion years ago now !

CW