PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Challenger Crash Almaty
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2007, 18:06
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I'm hoping to avoid is the swathe of idiots that home in on these threads like flies round a cow's arse.
LOL!!
My Dad always said that any fool can speak up, and usually does....bless him, he understood human nature.

It is interesting to discuss "what is" in these matters. With some exceptions, I think that the thread on the Turkish MD82 accident was a good example of this kind of discussion even though there was some hot-behind-the-eyes contributions towards those who obviously were not knowledgeable. It isn't worth the blood pressure to try to correct or stop such entries; one can only control what oneself can and will do. The work done by earnest, informed and cautious contributors on that thread was good, readable stuff by and large. Those who's egos require an "early entry" to be seen either as prescient (a no-risk position to take), or as "part of the gang" don't understand the investigative process and that safety work is almost exclusively driven by "what", not "who".

I note that the empennage is upside down. Perhaps photos of the larger area will reveal more.