PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2007, 16:29
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness, its not the sherry - mate...

Its common sense. Its because the 'big-boys' DICTATE the market, there isnt any choice for the passenger... Who says that LHR (London) should have the exclusive rights for UK longhaul flights?

Be honest, why would anyone want to use LHR when you look at the chaos that surrounds the place... Passengers stranded on a yearly basis if not weather, then internal airline issues... Ground congestion is the newest term to be used... For example, after a 12hr sector, the last thing you want is to be held for a further 75minutes - on the ground - waiting for a stand! Its a regular feature now at LHR. Its one thing to build more terminals and runways, but another to make sure it all works, and you have enough 'airspace' above to accommodate everyone! Its a bottle-neck and getting worse.

Its a FIX by the majors. Iam sure Sir Freddie Laker (Rest his soul) would agree.

You know what... You are welcome to it. Take all the crap that comes with LHR and enjoy! I know Iam not alone on this subject, but hey, its Christmas and Iam enjoying dealing with passengers and crew who DO manage to get away - as planned without slots and 1 million other 'poor excuses' for an airport!

I rest my case...

Last edited by tristar500; 26th Dec 2007 at 16:40.