PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France
Thread: Air France
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2007, 12:28
KLMer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah so the rumours a few months ago were true then, after all there is never smoke without fire (well most of the time anyhow).

Well I have to say it makes sense now as KLM have just given up LHR slots used by their Fokker 50 (i beleive LHR-EIN but may be wrong) for NW flights out of LHR to the USA, plus im guessing LCY is a far more pratical airport to use than LHR for those business travellers.

I wonder what all the poor ex AirUK guys are thinking "Oh god here we go again". Well if BALPA is going to do as good a job as they did with AirUK then god help you guys, i watched it all and was so disheartened at BALPA's lack of ability to do anything. Having said that Im sure KLM and KLMcityhopper learnt alot form the previous takeover. Shall wait and see what happens to VLM im sure though it will not be all bad and may open up oportuinities.

If you guys do get the oportunity to apply for the KLM (mainline) contract i can recommend it, its a good deal (for the younger guys and girls). KLM are short of pilots and are running out out candidates from there school KLS and also NLS so im sure free market pilots will be lapped up, seniority lists expanding quickly as well as large orders for new aircraft both in KLMCityhopper and KLM.

It might be an added bonus for the English that are still flying for KLMcityhopper could there be an LCY basing for them now to deadhead out of or even be able to use VLM for XCM travel.