PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France
Thread: Air France
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2007, 11:21
Dragon tracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
commentary on rapid transit for a VG pax at LCY

It is interesting to read about the great service a VG pax got on a interesting transit.

I wonder if this breached some DFT regulations?

Normally a pax on transit from an International flight to a domestic flight needs to clear UK immigration and customs at UK entry point.

Also they need to clear UK security screening.

On outbounds from the UK, the transit would not be an issue apart from maybe what LCY have to say about it.

I have experienced this as a hand baggage pax travelling between MAN and Antwerp 3 years ago. We arrived next to the aircraft that was travelling to Antwerp.
They had boarded and were ready to go. We were 10 mins late and I still got put onto a bus to domestic arrivals, had to go up the stairs and negotiate security. I missed the flight, but did get re-booked onto the next one 2 hours later without any questions or fussing.

I agree that VLM has a great product and think their management style is good too. It is a refreshing airline in this day and age and I only hope their joining AF / KL is not going to compromise their customer service.

I wish you all at VG the best for the future in your new relationship with the Dutch and French.