PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airports forcing troops to change on tarmac?
Old 26th Dec 2007, 09:37
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!

I too, could not reply yesterday.
Today, things are not much easier! I wall admit that watching the first Youtube video brought tears to my eyes. Maybe like so many others on this site, I have happily spam bashed (only in fun though), but am so glad they are on our side in the sandpits, and appreciate the vital support they give us in so many ways (because my own government have not seen fit to equip British forces with the necessary equipment).
There is something just SO VERY WRONG with the UK's current leadership, I really am not sure who's side in this they represent any more.
Those of us that did any form of R to I training (or whatever it's called these days) will remember being stripped to degrade us, or make us feel vulnerable etc etc. So who ever allowed this to take place, I have some advice for you...Have a look at your self in the mirror, maybe take a walk in the fresh air, walk around your local shop, maybe go to a pub or a restaurant...When you have done all this, remember that you could do it in peace and safety, and without fear..All thanks to ultra professional BRITISH SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN putting their lives at risk daily, in far of places, separated from their families and loved ones, in ultra harsh conditions...And you thanked them by doing this to them, on a cold open and public area of an airport.
AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, I AM FEELING SO ASHAMED TO THINK THIS WAS DONE IN MY NAME.

Barnstormer1968 (feeling a bit lost, and wondering how things have gone so badly wrong in the UK)

Last edited by barnstormer1968; 26th Dec 2007 at 09:41. Reason: unable to spell due to disbelief!